SomnoDent® – Sleep Apnea Appliance
Snoring and sleep apnoea can have a devastating effect on your work, your relationships and your heath. They can increase your risk of heart attack, stoke, type 2 diabetes, and increase blood pressure.
How do you know if you have Sleep Apnea?
Some common signs and symptoms include:
- Excessive snoring
- Choking sensation during sleep
- Partner notices that you stop breathing during your sleep
- Frequent visits to the bathroom during the night
- Lack of energy / daytime tired
- Poor concentration/memory
How can SomnoDent help?
A SomnoDent device gently and non-invasively adjusts the forward movement of your jaw, which then opens your airway and allows you to breath easily and sleep restfully.
- 15+ independent studies demonstrate the device’s significant clinical benefits
- 91% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality while wearing SomnoDent
What will one of our dentists do for you?
- Review the history of your sleep condition
- Complete a thorough examination of your teeth and mouth, head and neck
- Take dental impressions (models or casts of your teeth and mouth) that are sent to the SomnoMed® laboratory so your device can be custom made for you
- Take a bite registration to determine how far forward to move your jaw – this involves measuring your bite whilst in a comfortable forward position
- Follow up visits to fit your SomnoDent® device and ensure comfort and appropriate forward adjustment
Why do you need a custom-made device fitted by a dentist?
Clinical research has proven that custom made and custom fitted devices are more effective than the “one size fits all” sold online and over the counter. When your device is fitted by your dentist, it will be custom made to suit your mouth and jaw. You want to ensure it fits properly and is of benefit to your health.